***ASK US ABOUT OUR $2000 SIGN-ON BONUS***
Experienced Radon Mitigation Technician
Reliant Radon Solutions, an industry thought leader, is devoted to saving lives by preventing toxic radon exposure in homes, daycare centers, schools, and commercial buildings. Radon is the 2nd leading cause of lung cancer worldwide. Our company, located in Broomfield Colorado, provides radon testing, mitigation, and education in the Denver Metro area and surrounding states. We are improving the radon regulatory landscape nationwide.
Our work is critical to our customers’ wellbeing and our culture and reputation support our intention, attention, quality-driven focus, and ability to solve complex customer needs.
We are looking for experienced individuals who are passionate about helping others and who demonstrate this through their work and the required competencies below. This job offers meaningful work, a variety of tasks, support, and autonomy. You will generate ideas and put them into action to help our company grow.
The position of radon mitigation technician consists of performing tasks involving physical labor at homes, buildings, and new construction sites. It also consists of operating hand and power tools of all types, cleaning and preparing sites, working in confined spaces, working on ladders as tall as three stories, drilling holes through foundation walls, in concrete slabs, and through rim joist from the interior to the exterior of the building, making electrical connections, installing PVC piping, caulking cracks and patching and sealing gaps, cleaning up rubble and debris, and recognizing asbestos, lead, and other hazardous waste materials, or potential plumbing under the slab or in walls. Painting system exterior exhaust materials. Providing excellent customer service. Reports to the Owner/General Manager or Project Manager.
• Clean or prepare construction sites.
• Install radon mitigation systems to company and/or published radon mitigation standards, or as designed with exceptions noted.
• Maintain stock of work vehicle to be prepared for each project.
• Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
• Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities; communicate exceptions to management in a professional tone and manner.
• Fill out the system label and walk the homeowner or building owner (if available on site) through the system installation.
• Collect customer payment.
• Complete Field Report each day after each installation.
• Order special materials.
• Maintain continuing education credits for certifications.
Qualifications and requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have hand tools and small power tools in working condition.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs., bend, stoop, climb, and crawl for extended periods of time.
* Previous industry experience and/or NRPP radon certification for mitigation.
• Dependability — reliable, responsible, and accountable. Fulfills obligations. Adjusts work hours as needed to complete projects.
• Quality— attends to details, is aware of one’s work output, is careful and thorough in accomplishing tasks, and strives toward exceptional quality.
• Attention to Safety — follows standards of care with power tools, ladders, building materials, and the company vehicle. Texting and driving are prohibited. Uses safety protective gear and equipment on each job.
• Communication — demonstrates active and focused listening. Demonstrates versatility and adjusts communication style appropriately to meet the needs of the receiver. You can converse and inform so that information is easily understood and well received by a variety of audiences. Shows kindness and empathy in dealing with others.
• Resilience — maintains composure, keeps calm, and demonstrates a positive, “can-do” attitude. Demonstrates resilience under pressure.
• Teamwork — works toward win-win solutions, collaborates and cooperates, is helpful, and strives to add value to all stakeholders
• Problem Solving/Decision-Making — use logic and reasoning to effectively identify root causes of issues and prevent future issues. Plans ahead to maximize productivity. Identifies the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and effectively resolves problems. Makes decisions effectively and efficiently.
Job Type: Full-time