Why Work Here?
“We help our clients build and maintain healthy, safe, and sustainable indoor environments in the places they live, work, and learn.”
Reliant Radon Solutions – A Protect Environmental Company, is growing! We are passionate about creating a positive impact in our communities and are looking for a Radon Technician to become the newest addition to Team Green.
The Radon Technician is responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of radon mitigation systems. The Technician shows customers how to use their equipment, troubleshooting the equipment, building relationships with customers, and following company procedures. This position requires flexibility, strong time management, problem-solving and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Inspect, repair, and install radon mitigation systems including:
- Performing initial walk-through evaluations with customer
- Conducting diagnostics on air flow (pressure filled extension tests), may require drilling into concrete/slab foundation
- Install mitigation materials; run pipes for ventilation and install fans
- Occasional installation of roof boots
- Occasional shallow digging and/or excavation of materials on site
- Post-installation testing and diagnostics of systems
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner
- Provide great customer service and satisfaction
- Demonstrate to customers how to use the equipment
- Respond quickly to customer problems or issues
- Document job details in accordance with company policy
- Ensure jobsite areas are clean and free of any leftover debris before leaving the site
- 1+ plus year construction, electrical, plumbing, HVAC experience, or building maintenance preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within and meet established deadlines
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and pays attention to detail
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving history and background check
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This job operates primarily in a field environment and routinely requires walking, crouching, climbing ladders, and lifting equipment
- The job requires good physical health and ability to perform hands-on construction work
- Capable of occasionally working in crawl spaces, in attics and on roofs
- Must be able to regularly lift 60 pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to use general tools and power tools safely and properly
- Daily local travel in company vehicle
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- NRPP certification for radon mitigation, or ability to obtain this certification within established timeline upon hire
- Self-starter with a proven track record of working independently
- Ideal candidates should have some experience in any of the following trades but not required: Construction, Electrical, Plumbing, General Labor, HVAC, etc.
Benefits and Perks
WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING A $1,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS!!
- We provide comprehensive benefits to full-time employees, including:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Potential to be NRPP Certified for radon measurement – company paid
Protect Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Radon strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of age, ancestry, color, creed, physical or mental disability, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height or weight, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
About Protect Environmental:
Protect Environmental is a leader in the environmental consulting and construction industry, focusing on radon and chemical vapor intrusion management. With a proven track record spanning 15 years, we have completed project work in all 50 U.S. states and 2 U.S. territories and provide expert service from our trusted professionals to provide peace of mind protection to property owners seeking efficient and effective management of environmental risks and liabilities.
Visit About Team Green to learn more: https://www.protectenvironmental.com/about-team-green/